Temporary Instructor: Dental Assisting - 6888
POSITION: Temporary Instructor: Dental Assisting - 6888
DEPARTMENT: DTA - Dental Assisting
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 6/30/2017
For ALL Faculty Positions - An unofficial/student copy of your transcript must be submitted along with your on-line application if the position you are applying for requires a degree and/or certificate. Official transcripts are required when you begin employment.
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience within State guidelines
HOURS: Monday-Friday: Variable by semester, day and evening hours possible
CAMPUS: Barton and off clinical assignments
In this challenging role, you will support the Dental department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Instruct, supervise, and individualize, evaluate and facilitate student learning as they prepare for the national certification and state board examinations using classrooms, labs and clinical rotations
- Instruct, supervise, and evaluate all assigned dental aide/assisting/hygiene (expanded functions) students
- Travel to off-campus clinical sites for student evaluation
- Participate in college orientation, division/departmental meetings, continuing education, in-service and staff development, especially related to teaching methodology, test/measurement, educational philosophy/psychology, as well as clinical calibration
- Ensure smooth running of clinic; inventory and stock operatories, supervise clinic assistant, radiography assistant, and front office assistant
- Keep abreast of all current concepts in dental assisting
- Other duties as assigned
Greenville Technical College (GTC) is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina. Our faculty and staff members enjoy a supportive work environment that supports diversity and inclusion. We invite you to consider becoming a part of our Dental department!
Graduate of an American Dental Association (ADA) accredited dental assisting program, hold current Dental Assisting National Boards (DANB) or be willing to take.
Have appropriate knowledge/skills to teach all Dental Assisting classes; Coursework or continuing education in teaching methodology; Have the ability for collaboration and coordination of duties with other members of the faculty; function independently; use discretion as it relates to teaching duties; have critical thinking skills sufficient for clinical judgement and communication abilities sufficient for interaction with others in verbal and written form; have knowledge of dental office management software.
Greenville Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V)
It is the policy of Greenville Technical College, in accordance with applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote people throughout all college levels, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
*Greenville Technical College is a tobacco-free institution*
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.