Clinical Research Coordinator - VUSN
The Research Coordinator will supervise and coordinate a study involving the oncology patient population. He/she will lead a research team which will enroll cancer patient participants at the time of diagnosis and will follow up with patients up to 12 months after their cancer treatment.
Independently direct and manage research activities; responsible for management and coordination of numerous research studies; educate staff on project research protocols; act as central resource person.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Coordinate research activities
- Act as liaison between investigator, agencies, sponsoring companies, and other participants
- Supervise and coordinate the collection and dissemination of subject/patient study data
- Serve as key study personnel
- Implement research protocols
- Assist in the development of research designs, diagnostic and treatment protocols
- Research and analyze project components
- Conduct data analysis and provide written analysis
- Provide instruction on research protocols including interpretation of test results, observations, and related study data to physicians, nurses, professors, teachers, and technician involved
- Instruction provided in an understandable manner
- Supervise research staff, students and others involved with research protocols
- Coordinate, assign and review work of others as it relates to research studies
Job requires a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- RN license highly preferred
- Experience working in clinical research
- Experience working with oncology patients preferred but not required
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication