ECE Assistant/Associate Professor
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001065 Academic Title: ECE Assistant/Associate Professor Rank: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor Administrative Title: Discipline Engineering Specialty: Contract Type: Tenure Track, With Tenure Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 08/20/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at The George Washington University (GW) invites applications for a tenure-track or tenured position at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank in the area of Electrical Power and Energy. The successful candidate may start as early as Fall 2017.
The ECE department is housed in the new 500000 sq. foot Science and Engineering Hall consisting of state-of-the-art laboratory and instructional facilities. GW is located in the nation's capital with close access to many federal funding agencies and government research laboratories. More information about the department and our new Science & Engineering Hall are available at http://www.ece.seas.gwu.edu/ and https://seh.gwu.edu/, respectively.
Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a relevant discipline by time of application. Applicants must demonstrate a solid publication record, and must have established or exhibit the potential to establish a strong, externally sponsored research program. A commitment to excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels is also required. Applicants must have expertise in one or more of the following areas: smart grids and microgrids, sustainable and distributed energy systems, energy storage, energy harvesting and integration of renewables with grid, power systems planning, analysis, and control, and advanced power electronics.Advertised Salary: Other Benefits: Other Information: Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, complete the online application, upload a cover letter indicating your primary area(s) of expertise and interest and desired professorial rank, a detailed CV or resume, concise statements on teaching and research, and full contact information for at least four professional references. Only complete applications will be considered. Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/40396
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you earned a doctorate in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a relevant discipline?
- * Can you demonstrate a solid publication record?
- * Have you established, or can exhibit the potential to establish, a strong, externally sponsored research program?
- * Can you demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels?
- * Do you have have expertise in one or more of the following areas: smart grids and microgrids, sustainable and distributed energy systems, energy storage, energy harvesting and integration of renewables with grid, power systems planning, analysis, and control, and advanced power electronics?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact Information for References
- Statement of Teaching and Research Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Sample Publications
- List of Publications
- Course Evaluations or Summaries