Working Title: Laboratory Specialist
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 05-24-2017
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging Research Division is seeking a Laboratory Specialist who will conduct research experiments, animal handling and care; perform surgical procedures; assist with clinical trials; maintain lab equipment (hyperpolarizer), purchase supplies; and coordinate documentation of laboratory experiments and data collaboration with the Principal Investigator. This position also correlates, performs statistical data analysis and reports findings, as well as monitors safety compliance.
Qualified candidates must have an associate's degree or higher in biology, chemistry, or related science, and at least two years of lab experience, which may include student experience.
This position has an end date of July 31, 2018.
This position is restricted and contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate ability to follow set policies and procedures and adhere to regulatory guidelines in daily work. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide increasingly complex advice and information.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of specific areas of subject matter expertise such as chemistry and biology. Knowledge of theory and application of the physical sciences.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions in order to work independently and as part of a team and provide direct support to leaders as needed; and to assist in training, provide work direction, prepare reports, and keep records.
4. Working knowledge of basic computer applications and various database and software programs. Working knowledge of basic lab tests.
5. Basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81958