Assistant Project Manager - Hospital PMO
Assistant Project Manager - Hospital PMO-1701599
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Assistant Project Manager performs various tasks that are essential to the Facilities and Construction Departments. Tasks to include: procurement, fiscal over sight and support functions to the Senior Project Director of East Campus.
Duties of a Associate Facilities Program Coordinator may include the following but are not limited to:
- Assists project management staff in oversight of personnel and contract labor personnel performing work on projects.
- Track time and materials to ensure projects are accomplished within funding constraints and allowable performance periods. Assist in initiating requests for adjustments, time, extensions and scope changes when required. Maintains complete project documentation records on all projects and provides monthly status briefing to supervisor.
- Assists in notifying appropriate manager, department heads and/or their designees of project activities, scheduling and project progress.
- Coordinates efforts/communication between external contacts (planners, furniture vendors, architects, engineers, construction managers) and internal contacts (user groups, procurement staff, project managers, construction managers, BME, IT, Telnet and leadership).
- Works with other University and Hospital units in managing projects to minimize disruption to hospital buildings and systems, utilities and other operational elements.
- Maintains records for budget and project status. Utilization of Project Mates, CPR, CLM and additional excel spreadsheets for records maintenance. Additionally responsible for reconciliation of project and all items procured upon completion.
- Assists project management staff in meetings with engineers, architects, and administrators to coordinate and ensure installation, setup and coordination of procured items are completed correctly and within the designated project schedule.
- Visit each job site and inspect all work in progress; recommending alternatives to problems in the field.
- Updates and maintains departmental electronic documentation systems for various construction and fast track projects, i.e. Project Mates, CPR, Campus Project Request and ATG systems.
- Implement and manage a database for sustainable/green construction materials for the Hospital Architectural Services, Project Management Office and Construction Departments.
- Tracking and reporting on activities for sustainability for the division for the Practice Green Health Committee – Construction debris and the procurement of green build construction and maintenance.
- Assists with various certifications, such as LEED certifications for new and renovation construction projects as required.
- Assists Hospital Architectural Services, Project Management, hospital administration as well as other departments with reporting energy activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Management or Finance. In lieu of a degree 5 years of healthcare experience will be considered. Must possess skills in project development, project management, supervision, budgeting, ability to read blue prints and sketches of construction projects. Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written, working knowledge of building codes, fire and safety code requirements. Financial management experience preferred. Must have 2 years experience in a Hospital or Healthcare environment. Incumbent must have a clinical working knowledge in reviewing, ordering and coordinating procured items for patient care areas. Computer literacy and experience with spreadsheet and project management programs are essential. Must be physically able to perform the job duties as assigned. This may include lifting and moving of boxes, materials and other miscellaneous items.
Experience with NYS procurement policies and procedures and Lawson experience preferred.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
About Stony Brook Medicine
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Assistant Facilities Program Coordinator
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Facilities-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am - 5:00pmFacilities-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: May 24, 2017
Posting End Date: Jun 23, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL3