W.M. Schlosser Co., Inc.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager/Vice President
Prepared By: Tracy Garland
The Project Manager is responsible for the supervision and administration of construction activities for one or more projects and for fulfilling the terms of the contracts of his/her project(s). Depending upon the type and scope of the work, the Project Manager is from either the Civil or Mechanical group. Large projects may require managers from both areas. On competitively bid contracts, the assignment of a Project Manager is normally made once the Company has been determined to be the low bidder, or immediately after the contract is signed. On negotiated and turnkey contracts, the Project Manager may be assigned as soon as it appears an agreement will be reached with the client. In this way, continuity is assured, as the same Project Manager(s) handles negotiations leading up to the contract signing, and continues to supervise and direct the actual construction activities through to completion. At various times, Project Managers are asked to negotiate with prospective clients, to prepare estimates and proposals, to assist in design and preparation of specifications, and to furnish other information which helps the client arrive at a decision to proceed with the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare schedule of values.
- Prepare a project plan for approval by supervisor.
- Prepare and update project schedules with input from project staff and, if required, assistance from the Scheduling Department.
- Negotiate change orders with client, architects, and engineers.
- Complete all required reports.
- Assist with preparation of all Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, requisitions, proposals, etc.
- Organize and set up the project field office, unless the project is run from the Main Office or branch office.
- Select, set up, and maintain required project reports, forms, and logs as applicable to track activities such as shop drawing submittals, requests for information, field changes and change orders, and purchase and delivery schedules. This will be achieved using Prolog Manager.
- Prepare monthly requisitions.
- Approve payment of invoices received from vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure that all on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with Company and Government safety regulations.
- Assign equipment and labor to projects with input from Vice President/Construction Executive.
- Analyze subcontractor and vendor bids and negotiate subcontract Agreements, Purchase Orders, change orders, and change notices.
- Ensure that all work meets the highest standards of workmanship, and that all work and materials comply with the Specifications and Contract Drawings.
- Review drawings as required.
- Ensure on-time performance by subcontractors, vendors, and Company forces.
- Conduct regular inspections of the job site.
- Coordinate activities to ensure smooth completion of the entire project.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Traits)
- Ability to make decisions quickly, taking both long-term and short-term goals into account.
- Knowledge of Primavera Software and Scheduling
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a construction environment while utilizing degree in employee's respective discipline.
Project Managers are responsible for supervising Project Superintendents and other project staff.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/JOB CONDITIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, consistent with ADAAA requirements.
- Handling/Moving files, equipment, drawings/plans and paperwork as necessary.
- Traverse job site as necessary, including to ensure that safety and quality control standards and being adhered to throughout the project.
- Utilizing computer software, including text editing for the purpose of typing job-related documents.
- This job description does not serve as a contract between the employee and the W.M. Schlosser Co., Inc., nor does it in any way alter the "at will" employment policy located in the W.M.S. Employee Policy Manual. Job description duties may be changed at any time at the discretion of the employer. The employer may request that the employee perform duties that are not listed on the job description.
Bring your expertise to a recognized leader in the industry and enjoy the quality and state-of-the services we offer for renovation and new projects! Come join our team!
Specializing in projects for governmental agencies at the Federal, State and Local levels, we have successfully completed a broad range of projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and we an experienced Controller, preferably with construction experience to join our team.
W.M. SCHLOSSER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sun, 21 May 2017 15:05:28 PDT