Xirgo is a leading supplier of innovative M2M communication solutions. We develop and manufacture a range of devices that combine GPS and cellular data to provide world-class solutions for telematics, fleet management, asset tracking, usage-based driving, insurance, rental applications, and more. Due to the increasing global demand for our innovative products, we're growing our Minneapolis engineering team and have a range of exciting new opportunities available.
We're looking for a Firmware Engineer with 3+ years of experience working on embedded or micro-controller based systems. You'll be joining a small, passionate team building world-class products and solutions right here in Minneapolis.
As a Firmware Engineer at Xirgo, you will:
- Design, develop and test firmware for ARM CORTEX M-series processors
- Work on real-time systems for OBD II, Jbus, Cellular or other RF comms, M2M communications
- Collaborate on design with principal level engineers, design and develop feature enhancements and smaller scale projects
- Participate in code reviews with the engineering team
- Work closely with customers and partner technical staff
- Supports troubleshooting with hardware engineers and FAEs
- Be an integral part of the Xirgo team
Our ideal Firmware Engineer will have:
- Strong embedded C programming expertise
- Hands on experience developing for low-power ARM processors
- Experience with one or more real-time operating systems (RTOSs)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- A strong eye of detail, and a passion for ensuring quality
- Prefer and EE or CS graduate degree
- Bonus points: work experience with ARM Cortex M3 or M4 processors, knowledge or M2M communication, GPS, OBD II, Jbus, cellular or other RF data comms.
At Xirgo, you'll get the opportunity to join a small, dedicated team of engineers building world-class products for a global market. Our solutions are highly in demand and being used for a range of exciting applications. We offer a fun working environment with Foosball, Beer30 & company outings. We have excellent professional development opportunities, merit based bonuses and great benefits including profit sharing!
Xirgo Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of innovative, full-featured, application-specific wireless M2M communication devices. Our expansive product line facilitates best-in-class solutions for numerous vertical market applications. With comprehensive in-house engineering capabilities in all key development disciplines, Xirgo consistently delivers compelling solutions to companies in search of ways to become more competitive, improve operational efficiencies and unlock new revenue streams.
We provide world-class solutions in the realm of telematics, fleet management, heavy equipment, asset tracking, usage-based driving, high-risk vehicle finance, rental applications, and more. What results is a high-value set of custom products for our partners, as well as, a comprehensive standard product line that is sold through direct and indirect channels.
In addition to helping our customers grow their businesses, the owners of the company have created the Xirgo Technologies Endowment to give back by fighting hunger and the worst aspects of poverty in a sustainable way.
Sat, 20 May 2017 12:00:11 PDT