Director, Procurement Services
The Director of Procurement Services functions as the college's lead procurement officer in overseeing the college's procurement functions and is responsible for managing a staff of approximately 6 within Procurement Services. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with all statutes, regulations, board policies and procedures pertaining to procurement. This position is responsible for establishing and implementing strategic initiatives that impact all areas of the college, allocating college-wide and departmental resources, establishing and improving processes, and controlling costs college-wide. The position is appointed or assigned to serve on various college-wide committees and task forces and represents the college on external committees, boards, and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- Strong negotiation skills required. Familiarity with federal acquisition regulations required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse college community required.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously; flexibility required. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required.
- Commitment to accuracy; attention to detail required.
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to diffuse conflict required.
- Ability to work under pressure required.
- Knowledge of business law and Kansas statutes applicable to college procurements preferred.
- Minimum of five years procurement experience required.
- Minimum of five years relevant supervisory/management experience required.
- Prior procurement experience in a higher educational setting preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (A.P.P.), or Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) certification preferred.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Range: $75,574 - $90,689
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Resume and cover letter.