Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations
Functional Title Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations
Position Type Staff
The Associate Director of Athletics for Business Operations is responsible for ensuring that all departmental staff abides by all institutional policies and procedures relative to the areas of business and human resources. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA in all day-to-day operations.
The Associate Director will oversee the overall management of the athletic business office which includes all business operations, payroll, travel, accounts payable, procurement, budget management and control, account reconciliation and inventory control, providing fiscal policy development and implementing operational policies, procedures, practices and standards that ensure optimal efficiencies of the athletic business office, serving as the chief business and financial contact with the office of Business Affairs. This position will provide strategic long and short range planning related to the welfare of the department. The Associate Director must demonstrate expertise in planning and administering budgets effectively and efficiently within the policies and procedures of the University. This duty requires the ability to establish priorities through program analysis and to assist in the creation and/or enhancement of all areas within the department
The Associate Director will oversee the work of the Assistant Athletic Director and Assistant Director of Business Operations, who are responsible for overseeing all day-to-day business operational matters of the department including accounting and bookkeeping procedures. This position through the Assistant Director of Athletics for Business Operations will provide administrative oversight to the Accounting Technician, who will have primary responsibility for managing the day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping requirements of the department.
The duties and responsibilities of the Associate Director of Athletics for Business Operations include but are not limited to:
- Manage and supervise the Business Manager (Business Services Coordinator).
- Provide quality control management for the entire athletics department including budget, financial and human resource procedures.
- Serves as the bridge between the sports/support areas and the Senior Associate Athletic Director.
- Assist in short and long-range planning.
- Manage the athletic scholarship program.
- Prepare and monitor the athletics annual budget for all sport programs and support areas.
- Prepare and/or verify for accuracy any necessary paperwork for all departmental staff/team expenses, via BANFIN-32, TRV-1, TRV-2 and interdepartmental forms.
- Monitor and audit the book purchasing system for all eligible student-athletes including thorough record-keeping of all transactions on a semester basis.
- Act as Athletic Department liaison to the Offices of Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Financial Planning & Budgets, Cashier's, Bookstore, Human Resources and Student Employment.
- Act as Athletic Department Purchasing Card (P-Card) Coordinator, which encompasses setting up new cardholders, educating current holders of the current policies and any changes to these policies, and reconciling all charges through PCWS.
- Process all Purchase Order requests and payment requests once goods are received.
- Act as Athletic Department Human Resources liaison and perform all HR and Payroll duties. These include, preparing all Affirmative Action paperwork for searches, processing all applicants, placing all new department staff on payroll. This also includes placing all student and temporary staff on payroll and processing all time sheets on a monthly basis for all staff, both permanent and temporary.
- Manage all athletic deposits. Monitor all marketing and ticket deposits.
- Work with Greensboro Coliseum regarding Men's Basketball season reconciliation for all revenue and expenses.
- Prepare the NCAA's Revenue and Expense and the Department of Education's Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act reports annually.
This position requires the performance of any additional duties assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director or the Director of Athletics.
- Minimum of five (5) - seven (7) years' experience managing a college, university, or conference athletic business office at the Division I level.
- Demonstrated expertise in written and oral communication skills, organization, management and planning are essential.
- Valid Driver's License
- A master's degree in business, sport management or similar filed and/or relative experience preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur when an applicant successfully applies to this posting.
Applicants are required to upload the following document:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript
Applicants will have the option to upload the following documents:
- Reference Letters 1,2,3 (letters that applicant may
- have available at the time of applying)
Recruitment Range Commensurate Upon Experience
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Job Open Date 05/24/2017
For Best Consideration Date 06/03/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of 5-7 years' experience managing a college, university, or conference athletic business office at the Division I level?
- * Are you knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations as they apply to Division I college athletics?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu