Prospective Student Engagement Coordinator (Part-time)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Under the supervision of the Director of Prospective Student Engagement, this position coordinates and facilitates the recruitment efforts specific to the College of Music and the Arts.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One - three years prior experience, preferably in recruiting, sales, marketing, higher education or the arts.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Recruits prospective students to the College of Music and the Arts (CMA) through group presentations, college fairs, phone contacts and written correspondence.
- Coordinates on-campus and off-campus recruitment events for CMA
- CMA liaison and representative at APU Undergraduate Admissions events
- Provides follow up for events and campaigns with calls, emails, and/or mailings
- Provides support for faculty recruitment efforts
- Researches potential recruitment territories for future outreach
- Creates and maintains a contact database of schools, arts organizations, churches, etc.
- Coordinates the creation, ordering, obtaining, storage, and distribution of recruitment materials.
- Regular attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Special projects as assigned by Director of Prospective Student Engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-management/organizational skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of people and one-on-one.
- Initiative - both in personal work and being willing to start a conversation with someone
- Creative problem solving
- Background in the arts preferred
- Competency in Excel, using filters and complex sorting
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.