Student Account Counselor - Graduate Student Financial Services
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Counsels and directs students in regards to financial aid, state aid, federal loans, institutional aid, payment plan options, debt management and alternative loans. Ensures students clearly understand the process of applying for and accepting their financial aid.
- BA degree required.
- MA preferred.
- 2-4 years in a related field, higher education experience desired.
- Responds in a timely manner to student inquiries by letter, phone, fax and email regarding the process of funding their education with federal loans, alternative loans and other sources of funding.
- Responsible for managing students' past due accounts as an effort to reduce overall accounts receivables by communicating to students while still in attendance at the same time ensuring timely transfer of "non-current" students with a balance to the collection department.
- Accurately and timely releases excess funds, also ensuring to monitor enrollment verification with each student and providing timely follow up on changes that may affect their aid.
- Regularly assists with the processing of university enrollment forms and other financial forms ensuring accuracy and completion.
- Leads program specific, orientations, informational meetings and training sessions on either the main campus or regional centers.
- Some evening hours, and provides direction and advice regarding paying for their education.
- Maintains and adheres to all FERPA regulations, federal, state and institutional guidelines and standards, complying with all federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations and following all Azusa Pacific University's set standards.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Must work at one of two University commencement events each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.