Office Services Coordinator - Los Angeles Regional Campus
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The office services coordinator for the Regional Site is responsible for coordinating and executing designated services for students, prospective students, staff, and faculty of the regional site. This position reports to the Site Manager.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years of administrative, customer-service related experience.
- Experience at a higher education institution is preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Coordinates designated customer service functions of the regional campus under the direction of regional campus leadership.
- Directs routing of incoming telephone calls and "walk-in" prospective student inquiries. Accurately responds to/directs student inquiries and questions regarding such issues as (but not limited to) transfer of course units, course waivers, registration for classes, graduation requirements, financial aid, program and course prerequisites, student transcripts, independent study, graduate and professional program admission requirements, academic calendar, course add/drops, etc.
- Collaborates regularly with appropriate program directors and department chairpersons for purposes of maintaining currency of information for programs offered at the campus.
- Provides staff support and assistance to the regional campus director as needed.
- Consistent use of University database system.
- Entering of prospective student inquiries into University's database system.
- Facilitates transmission of information to students regarding academic program changes, student related deadlines, and other pertinent regional campus information.
- Receives and consults with students and refers individual situations to appropriate staff/faculty member for further follow-up.
- Assists campus-assigned faculty with duplication requests, classroom instructional equipment use, and related tasks.
- Partners with Graduate and Professional Center Client Services in order to provide the most up to date enrollment, academic, and university service department information to students.
- Proctoring of student examinations that are taken at the regional location.
- Requires availability to work evening hours at the regional site.
- Promotes a positive and professional environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the regional site manager and/or executive director.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.