Digital Media Specialist
Digital Media Specialist
Job Number: 75015
Digital Media Specialist 1 Job Family: Communications Job Series: Digital Media Job Code: 4221 Grade: F Exemption: Exempt Effective/Revision Date: 01/20/2016 Job Series Matrix URL: View PDF Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description JOB PURPOSE: Under general direction, responsible and accountable for the successful use and deployment of digital media technology in a school or unit. Interface with internal and external clients requesting digital media equipment, support, and/or consultation. This is a 1-year fixed-term position. CORE DUTIES*:
- Collaborate with clients to determine project appropriate medium, plan production, and produce media. May include managing logistics, video shooting, music and sound effect licensing, computer graphics, animation, digital effect creation, editing and tape duplication.
- Research, prepare and may produce digital media for training, documentation, and other communicative purposes for both internal and external audiences.
- Set up, operate and troubleshoot on a variety of equipment including but not limited to; laptops, video cameras, video projection, video conferencing, still photography, digitalization, analog and digital audio recording.
- Diagnose and resolve digital media system problems. May also perform various hardware, software, peripheral, and networking technical assistance.
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of all equipment and perform repairs and cleaning of digital media equipment. Research, recommend, and implement hardware and software configurations to meet client needs and to help ensure compatibility with university systems and architecture.
- May act as liaison with vendors ensuring scheduling, costs and requirements are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical experience using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or digital media control software.
- Knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery.
- Experience with live streaming events.
- Knowledge of camera, lighting, sound and editing
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, and reach/work above shoulders.
- Occasionally sit, twist/bend/stoop/squat.
- Visual acuity including color vision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
- Occasion work on weekends, evenings, holidays, and flexible shifts.
- May have exposure to high voltage electricity, noise > 80dB TWA, confined spaces, and working at heights above 10 feet.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.