Assistant Director – Office of Programs for Leadership and Service Education
In alignment with the educational mission of Butler University and the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of Programs for Leadership and Service Education (PuLSE), in partnership with students, strives to create an environment that encourages educational and social growth with a dedication to continuous processing and application of experiences. By intentionally engaging students in interactive and diverse opportunities, the office seeks to develop an on-going commitment to leadership, service and learning.
The PuLSE office is an extremely vibrant campus activities office. The Assistant Director of PuLSE, as part of the collaborative PuLSE team, helps coordinate and improve the programs and services of the office as well as the operations of the Atherton Union. Their primary objectives are to promote student learning and development by focusing on leadership, engagement, service, and involvement through hands-on experiences. The staff creates an environment that contributes to the sense of community on campus and within student organizations.
- Assist in the coordination of new student Welcome Week/Orientation activities including selection and training of student orientation guides
- Advise various Student Government Association Program Board committees including Homecoming, Out and About, and Podium Expressions. In doing so, assist in the selection and training of committee chairs and maintain contact with various entertainment agencies
- Advise Student Government Association Service and Philanthropy Board committee, Butler Ambassadors for Special Olympics (BASO)
- Advise the Student Government Association Finance Board
- Assist in the implementation and support of student organization and other leadership programming including assisting in the coordination of the Emerging Leaders program.
- Advise the College Mentors for Kids organization
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of co-curricular assessment for student leaders, student organizations, and PuLSE programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in College Student Personnel or related field
- Commitment to the growth and development of students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Command of technology including social media and other online sources
- Experience in special events planning
- Experience in advising individuals and groups
- Experience in research and developing policies, procedures and guidelines
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Butler University Employment Application form available at https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/employee_application_form.docx
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references
Application and completed support materials should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.