Assistant Director for Public Service Opportunities
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Career Opportunities, and working closely with other members of the CDO team, the Assistant Director for Public Service Opportunities will spur efforts to expand professional opportunities for Denver Laws JD students, as well as students in its Masters and certificate programs, with a particular emphasis on opportunities in federal, state, and local government, international organizations and agencies, and the non-profit sector. The Assistant Director for Public Service Opportunities will have an up-to-date, market-relevant understanding of the variety of work settings available to students trained in law, including executive and legislative bodies, administrative agencies, federal and state judicial clerkships, international agencies and organizations, and non-profits. In collaboration with faculty, staff, alumni, and external partners, the successful candidate will lead efforts to expand opportunities at the state, regional, national, and international levels through employer outreach, programmatic initiatives, and one-on-one counseling.
- Engage in outreach designed to expand and strengthen relationships with current and prospective public-sector employers.
- Develop and enhance programming designed to expand public-sector opportunities for JD students, as well as students in Denver Laws Masters and certificate programs.
- Provide professional career counseling in one-on-one and small-group settings to Denver Law students.
- Work closely with the Externship Program to cultivate and steward employer-partners.
- Collaborate with the CDO Team and the Director for Externships and Public Interest Initiatives on public service fellowship programs with employer-partners and through national and international fellowship programs.
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean for Graduate and International Legal Studies to develop international professional opportunities.
- Work with the CDO team to compile and report employment statistics in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Collaborate with other members of the Denver Law community including faculty, staff, and alumni to expand professional opportunities for students.
- JD or equivalent from an accredited law school.
- A minimum of three years of legal experience in one or more relevant areas, including legal practice, business, or higher education administration.
- Detailed knowledge of the evolving market for legal services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A strong compliance orientation.
- A strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work in a high-performance setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a variety of projects and with a variety of constituents.
- Experience counseling professional students or practicing professionals.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, June 6, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Assistant Dean of Career Development and Opportunities, Eric Bono ().
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter