Senior Associate Registrar
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Provides technical support to the design and implementation of systems that enhance access to student information, streamline processes, and improve delivery of services to all AIC stakeholders from the Office of the Registrar.
- Develops ways in which Jenzabar can be used to its fullest potential, in an effort to meet the ever changing technology-oriented needs of student records, registration, graduation and student service processes at both the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels. Help find solutions using system (ex. Jenzabar) for problems as they are encountered as well as being proactive in new development.
- Manages the technology side of the web registration, grading, graduation and academic standing review processes, as well as Jenzabar setup in support of registration and withdrawal policies.
- Coordinates and oversees the monthly transmission to the NSC.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Test changes in student information system; write documentation, reports, queries, and registration controls; effect curriculum changes; and review and manage people to correct data as needed.
- Assume special projects and coordinate events, such as assisting in organizing commencement, communicating with graduating students, and other arrangements as assigned.
- Manage the graduation process including honors determination, dean's list, student's graduation application, and the graduating process while communicating the same.
- Manage communication and operational calendars for the office with understanding of inter-relationship of all dependent departments on campus.
- Acts on behalf of the Registrar and assumes leadership of the office when the Registrar is away or unavailable.
- Serve as liaison to Financial Aid and Bursar's Office; develop and maintain contacts with other campus offices to obtain student data and transfer information.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's Degree in Higher Ed Admin or related field
- Required Field of Expertise: 3 - 5 years experience in higher education, especially in a student records or service area
- Required Training/Cert: Knowledge of relevant compliance/professional guidelines in the areas of Title IV, FERPA and AACROA
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume work environment
- Experience with Jenzabar preferred
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional ability to effectively collaborate and resolve conflict
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional nights and/or weekends required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.