Adjunct Faculty, Physical Therapy Program
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Teach courses as assigned by chair/director or dean
- Advise students as assigned by chair/director or dean
- Adhere to College's and programs' academic policies and procedures, e.g. class attendance, grading, withdrawal from courses, academic dishonesty, etc.
- Incorporate latest evidence and research into classroom/lab instruction.
- Participate in Program, School, and College activities as appropriate
- Participate in professional development activities related to one's faculty role.
- Engage in scholarly activities appropriate to one's discipline, teaching responsibilities, and other academic responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by chair/director or dean
- Required Degree(s): Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Required Field of Expertise: Professional practice experience in neurology and/or pediatrics
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Teaching experience in a DPT program
- Required Licensure(s): Active PT license in State of Massachusetts or eligible to be licensed as a PT
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in an interprofessional setting
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools
This is a part-time adjunct, non-benefited position.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.