Director of Student Engagement
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Responsible for the oversight of all student clubs and organizations including student organization registration, training, advising, and programming. Also responsible for assisting club advisors in the advising of all recognized student organizations.
- Supervises all staff within the Center for Student Engagement including the Assistant Director for Student Activities, Assistant Director for Campus Recreation, and Assistant Director for Diversity Education.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean for Retention and Student Success, develops and implements the Summer Orientation, Fall New Student Orientation, and first year experience initiatives.
- Prepares budgets, monitors expenditures, and completes all paperwork in a timely manner for all programs assigned and ensures proper maintenance of records.
- Responsible for the supervision, operation, and assessment of all Student Activities/Events including reviewing and screening all performance contracts, artist materials, and technical riders as appropriate.
- Serves as the primary advisor to the Student Government Association, Senior Class, and Yearbook.
- Coordinates the advertising of Student Activity programs to the college and the public community with Marketing and Communications Department.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates student staff involved in Summer and Transfer Orientation, Fall New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, the Center for Student Engagement Office, and Stinger Pub.
- Serve as site contact and campus liaison to the College Steps program.
- Participates in departmental, division, and institutional goal setting, committees, and special projects.
- Facilitate the campus reservations process to include weekly meetings, processing of space requests, coordination with stakeholders, and troubleshooting of issues.
- Required Degree(s): Master's Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Student personnel or related field and minimum of two years experience in student activities or related student affairs departments is required.
- Preferred Training/Cert: Knowledge of Campus Labs CollegiateLink software a plus.
- Must be able to perform diverse duties and responsibilities in a high-energy environment with the ability to respond to the changing needs and demands of the faculty, staff, and students.
- Must embrace diversity and create a department that is inclusive and accessible.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, public relations, and customer service skills are essential.
- Ability to learn and utilize technology including an understanding of using social media to engage students.
- Must have strong event and project management skills.
- Knowledge of CollegiateLink software by Campus Labs a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night and weekend event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.