Staff Assistant Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College is seeking a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist (State Title: Staff Assistant) to manage search engine marketing and optimization activities such as paid digital advertising strategy, keyword strategy to increase ranking on major search networks, and manage SEM campaigns on Google, Yahoo, and Bing to maximize ROI.
The SEM Specialist will reside within the Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Creative Services. The Marketing team supports the Office of Enrollment Management as well as the SUNY Empire State College community.
The successful candidate will contribute to the strategic process with strong analytical, written, and verbal communication. This position must also show a passion for keeping up with current search trends and techniques.
Top priorities for the new candidate will be to review current SEO/SEM strategy and adjust plans based on analytics and budget parameters; work with Marketing team to continuously improve college site search optimization; strive to bring all SEM planning and buying in-house.
The SEM Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze, review and implement changes to college website so it is optimized for search engines and provide recommendations for copywriting, including keywords and phrases to increase traffic to the site
- Provide recommendations for bid optimization, targeted display advertising, hyper local mobile, and re-messaging. Test, track and report on PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Work with media buyer to monitor campaign expenses, estimate monthly costs, and stay on budget
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Work with outside vendors or media outlets as needed
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client goals
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, or Advertising
- Three or more years of hands-on experience managing SEM pay-per-click campaigns and SEO marketing
- Three or more years of experience working with Google Analytics performing deep-dive analysis to drive search marketing efforts
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online prospect acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Omniture
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- The ability to think creatively and work independently
- Integrate new or adjusted branding standards into web
- Experience with bid management tools, such as Acquisio, Marin, or Wordstream
- Google Partners professional certification
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security