Academic Services Associate
The University of Denver's Morgridge College of Education (MCE) invites applications for an Academic Services Associate for the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS). The Academic Services Associate will serve as the hub of the ELPS Department reporting to the Department Chair and providing quality customer service both within MCE and externally to DU and the community.
The Academic Services Associate will provide administrative support to the Department Chair and departmental and student support for all ELPS faculty and students. In addition to serving as the internal point of contact for all ELPS requests, this position is also responsible for the collection, storage, and maintenance of important information including student files, program syllabi, and ELPS course schedules. In conjunction with other MCE Academic Services Associates, this position helps to plan and coordinate various college-wide functions including orientation and graduation.
- Provide administrative support for ELPS Department Chair including but not limited to scheduling department and program meetings; preparation and submission of documents or presentations for conferences; communicating information on behalf of Department Chair; and keeping Department Chair apprised of changes to DU policies/procedures that will impact MCE or the ELPS Department.
- Serve as main internal point of contact for all ELPS inquiries and requests from internal and external MCE and DU constituents.
- Provide departmental support and student services including but not limited to quarterly faculty class scheduling; communicating information, requirements, and deadlines on quarterly academic processes in a timely manner; assisting with questions related to student status, academic progress, and student course registration; provide search committee support for ELPS faculty searches; maintain ELPS student and academic records; and manage program and ELPS departmental list serve and email distribution lists.
- Collaborate with other MCE Academic Services Associates to jointly organize college events and official functions.
- Ensure important dates, deadlines, and correct information is communicated effectively through MCE website and Ruffatto hall digital signage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years or administrative experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with office equipment including computers, printer, copier, fax machine, and multi-line telephone.
- 2 years or more of administrative experience in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of Banner system and university policies and procedures.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, pre-employment drug screen and verification of education & employment.