Director of Alumni Engagement
The Morgridge College of Education (MCE) is a force for positive change in the lives of individuals, organizations and communities through unleashing the power of learning. MCE prepares highly competent, socially responsible, ethical and caring professionals to promote learning in diverse settings, actively reaches out to engage in learning partnerships with others, contributes high-quality research to the field of education, and models excellence in all of its own educational programs. Transcending traditional ideas about education and schooling, MCE embraces a new, comprehensive vision of learning as a lifelong activity that involves the whole person and can occur through a variety of methods, anywhere and at any time. The College promotes educational change and social equity, and provides leadership for the improvement of education, mental health and information services and systems.
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is among the finest graduate schools of social work in the country, a vibrant center for intellectual development, a leader in promoting diverse communities, and an advocate for an integrated and inclusive model of social work, all within a facility that supports the best educational practices. GSSW is committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and community leadership and service. Our mission is to foster social responsibility regarding social and economic justice, quality of life and multicultural communities, based on equality for all people. As a center for the creation and dissemination of knowledge, the School provides graduate social work education in order to alleviate and prevent social problems of individuals, families and communities.
The University of Denver is seeking two driven and passionate professionals to join our Advancement team as Directors of Alumni Engagement. One position will serve the Morgridge College of Education and the other position will serve the Graduate School of Social Work. This is a unique opportunity for two skilled professional to join a dynamic, growing and purposeful enterprise united around a compelling vision charted by Chancellor Rebecca Chopp and Deans Karen Riley and Amanda Moore McBride. The incumbents will be part of the university-wide advancement team, and will be housed in their respective school. In this capacity s/he will partner directly with the Dean and a community of talented professionals advancing the mission of the University of Denver and represent the bold ideas of our faculty to inspire philanthropy and engagement.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Alumni and Employer Networks within Advancement, the Directors of Alumni Engagement will build and enrich the awareness, philanthropic participation, and active engagement of each school's alumni and friends. This will be accomplished through leadership of strategic alumni and donor events and programming; managing donor relations and the annual fund; and partnering with other advancement professionals to fully serve and engage the MCE and GSSW communities, respectively. The Directors will lead global networks efforts on behalf of the college through a variety of tailored alumni engagement and annual giving activities.
- Build and manage alumni relationships through various social, professional, and service-oriented platforms. This will include one-on-one relationship building with key MCE alumni leaders; managing alumni engagement activities; partnering with colleagues on managing alumni committees; and other outreach programs to engage alumni in the life of the University.
- In partnership with the annual giving team and in consultation with the Director of Development for each school, support the execution of annual giving outreach and solicitations.
- This includes working with annual giving to develop goals; planning and executing strategic solicitations to constituents to meet those goals; engaging students and young alumni to invest in unique priorities; encouraging employees to participate in the annual faculty and staff campaign; providing pipeline major gift prospects to the major gift officers; and assessing results.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all departments and functions within the respective college or school, central and unit-based advancement functions, and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative fundraising practices.
- Model One DU leadership.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of alumni or constituent relations experience.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in constituent relations within a higher education setting or similar complex organization.
- Alumni relations experience.
- Annual giving experience.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.