Quality Engineering Technician
Position title: Quality Engineering Technician
Reports to: Quality Manager
Dept: Quality Assurance
Work Schedule: Rotational (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on)
Work Hours: 12 hours (6pm to 6am) when work day falls during the week (Mon - Fri) & 10 hours (8pm to 6am) when work day falls on a weekend (Sat - Sun). Initial training will take place during the day for approximately 2 months.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for maintaining the Document Control System including Level I, II and III procedures, forms and records.
2. Responsible for maintaining the Gage Calibration System assuring needed gages are ordered, repaired and calibrated as required.
3. Lead Problem Solving and Process Improvement initiatives as assigned.
4. Participate in Internal System and Process Audits as required.
5. Be the lead Quality contact with Suppliers to address quality concerns.
6. Responsible for issuing RMA's as required.
7. Participate in New Product Launch, APQP, PPAP activities as required.
8. Maintain ERP system documents.
9. Responsible for defining and implementing inspection practices in compliance with Customer and Good Manufacturing Practice requirements. Include data collection & software programs as required.
10. Developing appropriate Inspection Instructions and Training personnel as required.
11. Responsible for Statistical Analysis using Company databases and Minitab. Report findings and recommendations for Corrective Action to the Quality Manager as required.
12. Report all customer concerns/complaints to the Quality Manager and the appropriate Dept. Manager in a timely manner.
13. Available for Customer / Supplier visits as required.
14. Responsible for facilitating MRB meetings.
15. Responsible for IMDS Submissions.
16. Enforce Quality policies and procedures throughout the Organization.
17. Report monthly metrics on assigned areas.
18. Responsible for training manufacturing and quality personnel on Quality concepts such as Quality tools, Pareto, problem solving, procedures, and use of measuring equipment.
19. Follow Company policies and procedures as defined in the Interplex Employee Manual.
20. Follow safety rules and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
21. Maintain regular and satisfactory attendance.
22. Perform work outside of normal work hours as required.
23. Other duties as assigned.
Education /Skills /Qualifications:
1. Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must read, write and communicate in English as it relates to this position and safety.
3. 5+ years of experience in the Quality Department of a manufacturing operation.
4. Must successfully complete 90-day probationary period.
5. Experience in an ISO 9001 manufacturing organization, TS16949 experience a plus.
6. Must have good Administrative & Record Keeping skills.
7. Should have good Communication skills both oral and written.
8. Should have good Organizational and Prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task.
9. Should have good Time Management skills.
10. Should have good Initiative coupled with a drive for Continuous Improvement.
11. Should have good Facilitation skills.
12. Should actively promote Teamwork and possess Teambuilding skills.
13. Should have Motivational skills with ability to motivate staff towards achieving goals & objectives.
14. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
Interplex Etch Logic was established following the acquisition of the continuous photo etching division of Texas Instruments, considered by many to be the world's leading reel-to-reel photo etcher. Located in Attleboro Massachusetts, Interplex Etch Logic has developed many new and innovative photo-chemically etched applications for automotive, telecom, connector, filtration and medical components. The company's proprietary reel-to-reel photo etching technology creates etched precision metal components with very close tolerances and a high level of repeatability and consistency, outperforming competing technologies such as panel etching.
Tue, 23 May 2017 12:10:50 PDT