Adjunct Pharmacy Technician Faculty
The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching a variety of Pharmacy Technician-related courses to students in the community college setting. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting or learning lab environment.
Review of applications will begin June 2, 2017. Position is open until filled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teaches assigned classroom courses.
- Updates syllabi course schedule for courses assigned.
- Develops appropriate assessment tools to determine course effectiveness and assures that student outcomes are achieved.
- Assesses student academic achievement and provides students with timely and meaningful feedback on progress in the course(s).
- Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, to include student attendance and grades.
- Holds appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
- Maintains regular communication with the program director, adjunct faculty in the assigned departments(s), and the Library and Learning Services area, Registrar and Retention Services.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide; serves on college committees as encouraged/assigned.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives.
- Adheres to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college. Ensures all communications and practices demonstrate support of the Ethics for Teaching Professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associate’s degree required. Must hold a CPhT, RPh, or PharmD designation.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a community or institutional pharmacy setting required. Previous teaching experience at the community college level preferred.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.