Commercial Construction Project Manager
Provide organization to the project management process, beginning with a project's bidding/negotiating/estimating phase through close out. Manage the activities of Tyler 2 Superintendents, Carpenters and personnel assigned to their projects such that the end result is satisfied clients, quality product, a safe work environment and profitability consistent with the goals and objectives of Tyler 2's mission and vision. Create and maintain cooperative working relationships that will promote effective teamwork.
- Self Starter that drives a project schedule
- Proactive Communicator that keeps superintendents and clients informed and engaged
- Cost Conscious Manager who actively manages project budget
- Efficient Multi-Tasker that can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid Estimator who can interpret plans and develop accurate schedules and estimates
- Healthcare Construction Experience is a strongly desired (medical office and acute care) and Shell Construction Experience is a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
A general listing of duties for this position are:
- Estimate project opportunities
- Buy out of materials and subcontracts
- Overall Project Scheduling utilizing MS Project Software
- Construction meetings and correspondence
- Project reporting systems (Job releases, change orders, job cost reports, punch lists, close out)
- Project management utilizing Sage 300 Software
- Participate in sales and marketing process
- Individual and team income and expense goals
- Continuously serve as an advocate for our customer's interests. Champion understanding of the importance of meeting the needs and expectations of all prospects and customers.
- Communicate and present ideas and information proactively, concisely, effectively and with integrity.
- Maintain contact with appropriate decision makers of past projects to determine their view of Tyler 2's performance and to generate future business.
- Maintain focus of Superintendents, carpenters and maintenance personnel.
- Create and maintain a cooperative working environment that fosters a high level of professionalism, teamwork and employee and subcontractor/supplier morale.
- Display responsible conduct that reflects positively on the company and encourages others to do the same.
- Actively listen to others and seek suggestions and ideas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the field staff on a personal level for the purpose of being responsive to their needs; assist the President in identifying ways to develop and train field staff to operate at their fullest potential.
- Maintain working knowledge of estimating systems, current costing, scheduling systems, operating budgets, contractual agreements, company policies and procedures.
- Participate in the communication and promotion of quality at Tyler 2 with customers, suppliers, subcontractors, architects and designers.
- Four year degree in business, construction or engineering studies or equivalent construction work experience.
Skills and Requirements:
- Construction management and supervisory skills.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills.
- Reputation for high ethical standards.
- Visible sense of humor.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to interact with variety of individuals with diverse educational, cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
Job description is not finite and is open to additional duties consistent with the Tyler 2 Construction teamwork concept.
Tyler 2 has a rich history as one of the foremost construction companies in the Charlotte area. We have grown in annual sales and reputation by building quality construction and just as importantly strong relationships in the business community. We seek out people that encompass honesty, excellence, respect, personal responsibility and who want to be a team player in our fast paced environment.
Tue, 23 May 2017 11:22:12 PDT