BIM Applications Coordinator - Architecture
The BIM & Applications Coordinator reports to the and becomes a point of contact for architectural technology support for FDG (both systems and applications). The BIM & Applications Coordinator works closely with the Business Technology Manager to develop, implement and maintain company technology endeavors. This role will also include heavy involvement with the architectural team, Revit content creators and Revit power users to provide application support, including Revit, for all our offices. This includes assisting the architectural department to complete project documentation and technical production for all phases of design.
- Maintain BIM/CAD standards and reinforce the firm's commitment to advancing our use of technology by delivering strategic internal trainings
- Develop BIM/CAD standardized practices, maintain process documentation, resources and content
- Conduct systematic BIM data health checks on active projects and assist project team to bring BIM/CAD data up to FDG standards.
- Assist with general data maintenance and keep project files organized. This includes maintaining data archives.
- Work closely with the Technology Manager to establish and communicate standards and best practices to the organization.
- Provide technical support for design desktops and applications for urgent matters and assist help desk to assure timely completion of support requests.
- Assist with application administration such as activations, upgrades, troubleshooting, de-activations, and tracking equipment, accounts, and service plans.
- Perform routine application installations, updates and configuration to meet FDG standardizations.
- Assist Technology Manager with IT projects, application implementations and provide administrative support as needed for other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree preferred and experience in a technical architectural environment required.
- Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience with BIM and application support in an AEC environment.
- Software: Intermediate to advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite, Photoshop, Windows-based systems (Windows 7 and 8)
Tue, 23 May 2017 17:44:42 PDT