Instructional Assistant Professor - Acting/Directing
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-22-2017
The School of Theatre and Dance seeks an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach courses in Acting and Directing for the 2017-2018 academic year. This position will teach a variety of courses in these areas. There may be an additional opportunity to teach an introductory, general theater course.
This position is represented by the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. M.F.A. in Acting or Directing
2. Teaching experience in acting and/or directing
3. Acting and/or directing experience in university, community, or professional theatres.
4. Ability to positively collaborate and interact effectively with diverse colleagues.
5. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
6. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Two or more years of teaching acting and/or directing at the collegiate level.
2. Professional acting and directing experience.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.