Welding Instructor (1TE17)
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1TE17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Technical Education
STATE CLASS: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: June 2017
OPENING DATE: May 24, 2017
The Welding Instructor will provide instruction for Welding courses. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach courses as assigned in accordance with established syllabi.
- Prepare, review and maintain courses and programs, syllabi, and instructional materials.
- Demonstrate appropriate course and classroom management.
- Provides academic guidance, assists students in developing personal, academic and professional plans, and engages in the College’s program recruitment, student retention, and graduation efforts.
- Participate in College activities and projects and promote the College through community service.
- Participate in activities that will develop the individual’s teaching performance, instructional development, knowledge of subject matter, and/or teaching or subject area qualifications in keeping with the College’s mission and institutional goals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associate’s Degree and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline required. Preferred Requirements: a minimum of three (3) years of work experience as a welder with appropriate certifications (valid/current credentials such as AWS CWI/CWE), completion of Federally approved Apprenticeship program will be considered with proper certifications, the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher, the aptitudes to assist both new and returning students to achieve their educational goals and objectives. Knowledge and experience in welding theory, metallurgy, mathematics, blueprint reading, oxygen acetylene welding and brazing, S.M.A.W., G.M.A.W., G.T.A.W., and F.C.A.W. all to A.W.S. and industry standards preferred. The ability to communicate effectively and develop programs and curricula to meet industry needs, and demonstrate welding skills that meet ASME standards applicable to advanced pipe welding is also preferred.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling for interviews will begin on June 1, 2017 and position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.