Lecturer in Finance (with Security of Employment)
Open May 15th, 2017 through June 30th, 2017
Lecturer with Security of Employment
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine is seeking candidates to fill one position as Lecturer in Finance (within the Security of Employment series) to begin as early as July 1, 2017. The Security of Employment series require, in addition to excellent teaching and service, externally recognized professional and scholarly achievement in his or her specific discipline and/or of pedagogy. We will consider candidates in all finance areas and preference may be given to those who have taught finance courses at both the undergraduate and graduate (master of finance and/or MBA) levels. We offer finance courses during the day and also some in the evenings and/or Saturdays including summer.
We seek applicants with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline and commitment to excellence in teaching, research (academic, professional, and/or pedagogic), and service. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience.
FINANCE AT THE MERAGE SCHOOL:
To learn more about UC Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, please visit: http://www.merage.uci.edu/
For a complete listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
Please apply at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03959
Applicants must complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) curriculum vitae;
(2) a brief teaching, research, and service statement;
(3) a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion should also be included in the application materials;
(4) three letters of recommendation (for Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment); an offer at the other levels of the series will require a review for Security of Employment.
(5) teaching evaluations;
(6) examples of scholarly writing.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by May 31, 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3130
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Service (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Teaching Evaluations (Optional)
- Samples of Scholarly Writing (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now