Open July 27th, 2016 through June 30th, 2017
If you apply to this recruitment by June 30th, 2017, you will have until July 7th, 2017 to complete your application.
The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Care at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a full-time position in the Specialist series to join the Clinical Research Laboratory, which investigates and identifies factors that contribute to surgical patient outcomes and recovery.The laboratory uses a multidisciplinary approach and conducts various clinical, educational, engineering, simulation, as well as industry-sponsored studies.
Requirements - A familiarity with Institutional Review Board. Ability to draft, submit, and maintain regulatory documents. Adequate background in research method is preferred. Health care and clinical experience is desired. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are highly favorable. Training will be provided to highly motivated individuals. Candidates must possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree.
• Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks and projects at one time.
• Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
• Organizational ability - Well-versed in data management. Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
• Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
• Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized medical software, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics.
Special Working Conditions
• Work volume may require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job, but time in lieu will be given. This position requires special hours including working some weekends and evenings.
Our laboratory is located at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center in Orange, CA. This allows for an exciting, intellectual, and collaborative environment. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience.
To apply, please log onto UC Irvine's recruitment site located at
A separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion should also be included in the application materials. For more information, please visit the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care website at http://www.anesthesiology.uci.edu.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
More information about this recruitment: http://www.anesthesiology.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now