Project Data Manager - Department of Special Education (A1700310)
Project Data Manager
Department of Special Education
College of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a collaborative professional for the position of Project Data Manager for the IECAM project. The successful candidate will undertake tasks related to all stages in the acquisition, preparation, and dissemination of data on early care and education services in Illinois and on demographic data on children in Illinois for the database and Web site of the Illinois Early Childhood Asset Map (IECAM) project; complete some data analyses and work in collaboration with the IECAM Project Coordinator. This is a full time (100%), non-tenured, twelve-month, Academic Professional position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to data management tasks related to all stages in the preparation of data on early care and education services in Illinois for IECAM's database and Web site.
- Attend to the acquisition of demographic data for the IECAM database.
- Respond to data requests, and other questions, from IECAM users.
- Participate in data projects with the early childhood policy community in Illinois.
- Work with and/or supervise additional work of the GIS and SQL programmers.
- Work with and/or supervise additional work of the data staff.
- Examine data needs, as appropriate, with staff at state agencies and other organizations.
- Serve as liaison with project funders and data providers.
- Work with College of Education IT staff on tasks related to IECAM servers.
- Assist the IECAM project coordinator in working with the IECAM webmaster.
- Prepare training materials, and other pages, for the IECAM Web site.
- Provide IECAM training sessions and conference presentations.
- Perform additional data- or technology-related tasks as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with demographic data on young children from the U.S. Census Bureau and other state and federal data sources, and with data on services for young children in Illinois from state agencies and other organizations.
- Prepare, and assist the IECAM Project Coordinator to prepare, data reports, technical reports, and other publications.
- Serve on committees and subcommittees of the Illinois Early Learning Council.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required: Master's degree in library and information science, urban studies, computer science, or related field
Required: Experience working with data acquisition, preparation, management• Experience and skills in data and statistical analysis.
Preferred: At least two years of experience working with data acquisition, preparation, management
Required: Knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) • Familiarity with demographic data, such as from the U.S. Census Bureau. Strong writing and verbal communication skills • Organizational skills • Attention to detail • Ability to work both independently and collaboratively • Willingness to learn new technologies•
Preferred: Familiarity with GIS technology • Familiarity with SQL databases and programming • Familiarity with Stata or other data and statistical analysis software • Ability to work with U.S. Census Bureau Website and data • Familiarity with other state and federal sources of data on young children
Commensurate with experience
To apply, please complete a candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and submit a letter of application, resume, and names and contact information of at least three references. The closing date for applications is June 24, 2017.
August 1, 2017 or as soon as possible after that date
For more information about the position, please contact:Dr. Dawn Thomas, via e-mail: email@example.com
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Education
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Project Data Manager - Department of Special Education (A1700310)
Open Date: 05/23/2017
Close Date: 06/24/2017
Organization Name: Special Education