Working Title: Grants Accountant
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pathology
Posting Date: 01-23-2017
The Department of Pathology at the University of Virginia is seeking a Grants and Contracts Specialist. This position is expected to prepare, assist, review, and provide guidance in the preparation of grant proposals, including budgets and budget justifications. The specialist will perform pre-award, post-award, and a combination of grants and contracts job duties in response to specific proposal guidelines. This position is responsible for award set up, monitoring the allocation of project expenses, award management, and award closeout. This position is expected to assist with the identification of potential sponsors for specific proposals or program areas, as well as to manage departmental accounting, and at times, special projects.
Qualified candidates must have an Associate's degree or higher, and a minimum of two years of grant proposal and financial management experience. Experience in pre and post award coordination and reconciliation preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
2. Knowledge of Oracle applications and Discoverer.
3. Ability to prepare financial reports.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills in daily interactions.
5. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
6. Ability to work with senior leaders.
7. Knowledge of the University, state and federal policies and regulations.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80975