Director, Payroll Services
Working Title: Director, Payroll Services
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Vice President for Finance
Posting Date: 05-23-2017
The University of Virginia is recruiting for a Director, Payroll Services position. This position is a strategic role designed to manage the Payroll Services Operations across the University of Virginia including UVA Health System. In this strategic and change leadership role, the Director, Payroll Services will lead a team of payroll professionals in the pursuit of timely and accurate payroll results and third-party distributions in a world-class customer focused environment. This position will operate in an industry-leading and lean practice environment while driving value and minimizing risk. The Director, Payroll Services will perform in a highly-strategic and change leadership role where day-to-day-interactions focus on strategic collaboration with stakeholders producing an environment of proactive approaches, innovation, impacting initiatives and customer-driven results. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws which also meet the unique requirements of the University of Virginia and Health System. In addition, the position will lead within an environment of streamlined processes and policies impacting applicable business units.
The incumbent will report to the Assistant Vice President, Finance Operations with a dotted matrix reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, UVA Health System.
Required qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Tax, Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum eight years of experience in a strategic Payroll Services leadership role in a complex environment
- Minimum five years of experience in a supervisory capacity with the ability to hire, train, supervise, develop, and evaluate staff
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $99,861 to $159,786 and is commensurate upon qualifications.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply to posting #0621018, at https://jobs.virginia.edu. Review of applications will begin no later than June 19, 2017.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide strategic leadership in a highly complex organization
- Leverage business acumen to provide payroll services that are in alignment with University objectives
- Utilize broad knowledge of Payroll and Time & Labor technology
- Work independently and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to lead a high performing Payroll Services team
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81948