Systems Control Center Operator
Working Title: Systems Control Center Operator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 06-23-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Systems Control Center Operator supports Facilities Management goal of providing continuous monitoring of systems and efficient, comprehensive, and effective response to all alarms or events in a customer focused manner. The incumbent provides exceptional customer service by providing prompt decision making involving a wide range of emergency and non-emergency situations, ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of building automation, energy management, and fire/ life-safety systems.
This position works an Evening Shift: 2:30pm - 12:30am (10 hour shifts) on a rotating schedule to include at a minimum of two weekends a month and holidays to provide full coverage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proven knowledge of system troubleshooting techniques and problem-solving skills.
2. Considerable knowledge of HVAC, mechanical, or electrical systems.
3. Ability to read and understand system graphics and block diagrams.
4. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with customers and colleagues.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently; receiving and prioritizing requests for work.
6. Ability to work overtime that could include nights and weekends and the ability to respond on an emergency basis as needed.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81943