Adjunct Faculty, Nursing - RN Program
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT083-17
Reports To Associate Dean
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings Multiple
Job Description Summary
Employ a range of suitable strategies to foster student learning in the clinical setting, maintain proper clinical-related records, and promptly assess student performance and appraise students of progress. Responsibilities may include teaching nights, and weekends. Teaches clinical component of a variety of courses in the associate degree or practical nurse programs.
Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). Experience of at least two years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse. Valid and non-restricted registered licensure in the State of Ohio. Current CPR certification and immunizations. Current and competent in the clinical arena. Specialty practice experience will be required for some positions (pediatrics, obstetrics and psychiatric). May require weekend and evening work.
Master's degree in Nursing (MSN).
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position.
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis.
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree and 2 professional letters of reference available to bring with you at the time of interview.
Posting Open Date 09/09/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Do you have a Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Nursing?
- * Do you have a minimum of two years experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse?
- * Do you have a valid and non-restricted registered licensure in the State of Ohio?
- * Do you have current certifications in CPR and Immunizations?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3