Sports Medicine Family Physician
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Sports Medicine Family Physician
Join our team - and take care of the team!
The University of Colorado, in conjunction with Kroenke Sports, is seeking a Sports Medicine Family Physician to provide professional sports medicine clinical care to the NBA's Denver Nuggets basketball team, as well as provide sports medicine and family medicine clinical care in a team-based clinical setting.
The clinician (MD or DO) in this position will function as a family medicine/sports medicine/team physician in a family medicine clinic setting, a multidisciplinary sports medicine specialty clinic setting and serve as the head medical team physician for the Denver Nuggets, providing high quality medical care and supervising fellows, residents and students as needed.
Specific position duties include:
Professional Sports Medicine Clinical Care
- Serve as the head medical team physician for the Denver Nuggets, covering regular season home games and home and away games during the playoffs.
- Participate in the NBA draft combine on behalf of the team, evaluating players' health statuses.
- Assist in the coordination of free-agent pre-participation employment physicals.
- Participate in the NBA Physicians Society meeting
- Attend training room hours as determined by Nuggets training staff.
Sports Medicine Clinical Care
- Provide care to patients in sports medicine specialty practice, including non-operative management of acute and chronic injuries.
Family Medicine Clinical Care
- Provide full scope direct patient care in an ambulatory clinical setting.
- Participate as needed in chart review and clinical coding compliance activities.
- Assist in supervision mid-level providers at the clinic.
- Supervise medical students, residents, fellows and other healthcare learners.
Teaching and Mentoring
- Provide education to fellows, residents and medical students during their ambulatory and sports medicine rotations as needed.
- A terminal degree in Medicine or Osteopathy (MD or DO).
- Successfully completed a primary care sports medicine fellowship.
- Subspecialty CAQ certification in Sports Medicine
- At least 5 years of post-fellowship experience
- Experience as team physician at the Division 1 or professional level
- The ability to obtain Colorado Medical License and possession of a current DEA Certificate
- Board Certification/Board Eligible in Family Medicine
- The ability to be fully credentialed with the UCH system and UPI Managed Care
- Experience with diagnostic and interventional MSK ultrasound
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching students and/or residents
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by June 12, 2017. Questions should be directed to Deanna Schroder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08870
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, unofficial transcripts or a copy of diploma
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: May 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00733431