Campus Director of Human Resources - Fort Worth
Campus Director of Human Resources - Fort Worth
Human Resources - 910600
The System Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a HR Business Partner II - Campus Director to join our team. This is a professional administrative position providing leadership and management in the effective delivery of Human Resources services and programs to assigned institution(s). As a strategic partner, this position formulates partnerships across the Human Resources function and institution to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the university. This position serves as a consultant to senior leadership and management on Human Resource related issues and communicates needs proactively to successfully develop integrated solutions. This position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and provides direct support for the UNT Health Science Center campus. An employee in this class provides supervision over professional, paraprofessional, and clerical staff as assigned.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Plays a key role in advancing the relationships between the Human Resources Department and institutional departments to help facilitate the success of the University's mission and goals.
* Serves as HR representation on campus-wide committees, task forces and work groups. Meets regularly with senior leadership.
* Serves as an internal consultant and advises campus senior leadership and management regarding all HR related matters.
* Serves as institution advocate and change agent.
* Acts as a liaison between System HR and other internal HR service providers.
* Evaluates and monitors success of HR programs and services and makes recommendations accordingly.
* Foresees and recommends the need to adapt human resource policies and procedures to address current and future challenges.
* Partners with other HR leadership to align HR programs, policies, procedures and systems to meet the goal of the institution.
* Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with other HR leadership to develop solutions, programs and policies.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal department as needed.
* Directs and oversees a team of professional staff.
* Develops and maintains professional knowledge and associations in the areas of assignment and in the general Human Resources field.
* Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in human resources administration, organizational and employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, strategic human resource planning, and supporting a diverse workforce.
* Excellent consulting and client management skills.
* Strong business literacy skills.
* Strong interpersonal, conflict management and negotiation skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to develop strong relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
* Ability to identify and anticipate client needs and effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
* Self-directed, with ability to work independently.
* Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
* Knowledge of HR best practices in organizational leadership, employee recruitment and retention, training and development, compensation and benefits management, regulatory compliance, conflict resolution, program implementation, employment law, and HRIS technology.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of PeopleSoft desired.
* Demonstrated team leadership experience including strong supervisory and coaching skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PHR/SPHR preferred
* Hospital/Health Science Center Experience preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Monday-Friday 8am - 5 pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
HR Business Partner II
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled