Document Scanning Operator (Time-Limited, Project Based Position)
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
Section of Hematology, Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center
Document Scanning Operator (2 Positions) (Time Limited, Project Based Position)
Position #732351 - Requisition 09667
The Section of Hematology, Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center is seeking two full-time, University Staff Document Scanning Operator (Administrative Assistant II) position. Both openings are time-limited, project based positions that are expected to last 18-24 months.
The HTC is engaged in a project to digitalize over 30 years of financial, medical and operations paper records into an electronic document management system in order to maintain compliance with records retention requirements and respond to audits of various regulatory agencies. Two document scanning operators will be hired from this posting. These positions are time-limited project-based positions and will terminate when all records are housed permanently in the digital system. This position is expected to take no longer than 18-24 months. These positions will coordinate with the Team Supervisor, as well as the Team Scanning Operators on aspects of the project including the identification of, scanning in, and indexing of medical documents into Singularity / OnBase Software, and quality control of HTC digitized documents.
Example of Work Performed:
- Acquire advanced skills in Singularity/OnBase software operations.
- Prepare, organize and categorize all paper records for scanning.
- Identify proper digital document classes to match paper records.
- Review documents and assign indexing values.
- Strategize with team members on document management solutions.
- Perform quality assurance check on scanned documents.
- Perform other support functions as requested and other duties/tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Two years of general clerical experience, which includes at least 1 year of experience working with medical records in a healthcare environment.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general experience on a year-for-year basis, but not the specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to occasionally lift and move boxes that weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience with records management or working in a digital document imaging environment.
- Experience working in team environment.
- Experience working with Singularity/OnBase Scanning Software.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform computer work for long periods of time.
- Familiarity with Singularity/OnBase Scanning Software.
- Demonstrated organization and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to organize work flow.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to identify proper digital document classes to match paper records.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new web-based programs and database applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of co-workers, clinical staff, faculty, fellows, and students.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Donna Oscepinski, email@example.com, (303)724-0365
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 31, 2017. Those who do not apply by May 31, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20877 - SOM-PEDS Hematology-Onc-GenOps
Posting Date: Aug 4, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Donna Oscepinski
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732351