OPI/HEALTHTIDE PROJECT MANAGER
JOB NO.: 90396-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: SMPH/FAMILY MED/RES GRANTS
Categories: Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90396-AS
Working Title: OPI/healthTIDE Project Manager
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A532007-MEDICAL SCHOOL/FAMILY MED/RES GRANTS
FTE: 50% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 25, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A bachelor's degree in science, psychology, political science, business, or arts is required for this position. A master's degree in public health, public policy, public administration, or business is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. 1-2 years of research-based or community project management experience and/or professional studies required, 2 or more years preferred.
2. Proficiency with a wide range of PC, Apple, and web applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google (Drive, Sheets, Forms, and Docs), Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems, and social media management platforms and applications required.
Additional preferred qualifications:
1. Experience coordinating and organizing multiple partners including internal staff and external community.
2. Knowledge of community organizing and/or collective impact.
3. Knowledge of public health and prevention strategies (which include policy, systems, and environmental changes).
This position will be a funded through (and will be a staff member of) the Wisconsin Obesity Prevention Initiative (OPI). Duties will be associated with both the administrative and community engagement/healthTIDE cores. Primary duties of the position are administrative and project management support to the administrative core with secondary duties of project management support for the community engagement core/healthTIDE.
The ideal candidate for this position should be able to demonstrate in an interview:
1. Excellent administrative and time-management skills, including attention to detail, ability to respond to emerging issues and problem-solve.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multidisciplinary settings, as part of a team or independently.
3. Ability to plan, lead and manage projects within deadlines.
4. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to facilitate a group and/or group processes.
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive professional relationships with project staff and administration, faculty, and statewide partners.
This position will require some travel.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on the screen to submit your Cover Letter and updated CV/resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 23 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 20 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time