Transportation Maintenance Aide
The position performs a variety of tasks to service college vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, changing oil and making minor repairs and any other duties as needed. To assist full time staff with maintenance and repair duties.
- Job requires sitting, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Position is required to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to monitor all radio communications and clearly communicate over the Maintenance Department's two-way radio system in a timely manner required.
- Must have good color dissemination.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record to be insured on college insurance.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision required.
- Must work well with campus staff and faculty required.
- Basic automotive and vehicle repair experience
- Specialized training in automotive repair preferred.
- Requires 20 hours of work per week and must be able to work Saturday's (if required).
- Assist all maintenance trade divisions.
- May be required to assist Grounds dept., including snow removal, if needed.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
$11.50 per hour
Hours per Week
Monday - Wednesday 6 am start. Length of shift will vary
REQUIRED: (please attach with your application) - Resume