Financial Analyst III
Salary: $60,100 - $89,200
Title: Financial Analyst III
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Housing Srvcs. Admin.
Date Posted: 01/23/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Sr. Director of Budget & Finance of Auxiliary Services, the Financial Analyst III is responsible for conducting complex financial analyses, providing fiscal, budgetary, analytical and administrative support, and performing a variety of tasks to ensure the financial integrity of the ledgers for complex budgets. This position functions as a member of the Budget & Finance Management Team and will perform financial operations and fiscal analyses duties in support of all Auxiliary Services departments. Performs financial reporting and reviewing; analyzes and summarizes reports; ledger reconciliation and verifies the accuracy and appropriateness of all financial transactions; determines and locates sources to independently collect information and data; prepares directives, policies and procedures; and evaluates and makes final recommendations for alternate solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to function as a member of a team.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Demonstrated recent and progressive knowledge and/or experience in financial analysis and reporting; preparing comprehensive financial reports for use by upper management; preparing periodic budget reports, conducting variance and other financial analyses; researching exceptional transactions and situations and related internal controls.
Ability to independently gather required information through the use of query tools to extract data from internal/external systems and the ability to organize, analyze, validate and prepare consolidated financial/budgetary reports.
Ability to independently research questions or operational issues and generate solutions and recommendations to resolve issues.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Working knowledge of University administrative policies and procedures and organizational structures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview