BASIS.ed is seeking qualified candidates for Chemistry Teachers throughout the Phoenix Metro Area for the 2017/2018 school year!
Ready to be part of a group of intellectual educators? Do you desire the autonomy in your classroom to satisfy your passion for your discipline?
BASIS Teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS Teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create dynamic lessons that provide students with new ideas and a fresh outlook on their future.
BASIS is on a MISSION!
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students;
2) Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of their academic and career success;
3) Implementation of BASIS.ed curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;
4) Collaborate with other BASIS.ed teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment; and
5) Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree in the subject area and the ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed. In addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. Highly qualified teacher requirements vary by state. In some cases a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.