Business Development Specialist
- Serves as the primary business development contact for assigned practice groups within the firm.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of specific practice areas, the associated attorneys involved, and their relevant experience. Works with practice leaders to advance strategic business development initiatives.
- Works with the RFP/Business Development Manager to provide support for new business, client retention and cross-selling opportunities within assigned practice groups; delivers current, thorough, and actionable information/materials to attorney teams.
- Coordinates pitch materials and RFP responses for assigned practice groups: assists in developing proposed outlines and strategies, delivering research and content, articulating firm value, and producing materials targeted to specific business goals.
- Collaborates with the RFP/Business Development Manager to implement strategic, customized business development plans and collateral when new attorneys and /or related practices join the firm.
- Communicates with appropriate marketing staff to ensure strategic support for business development projects/initiatives through graphics, public relations, advertising, special events, and other department teams.
- Provides recommendations to practice leaders on business development opportunities that align with the firm’s and practice group’s business strategies.
- Collects and catalogs the achievement of assigned practice groups; ensures that all collateral materials are up to date, including databases.
- Tracks activity and documents the success of all relevant business development projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or similar area of study.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in a professional services industry, preferably in legal marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Superior project management skills, organizational ability, and attention to detail.
- Self-directed and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop).
Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. is an international law firm with a legacy spanning more than a century. Established in 1889, the firm has grown to approximately 1,200 employees (attorneys and professional staff) in 12 offices across the United States and the U.K.
With a well-earned reputation as a litigation powerhouse and go-to firm for Fortune 500 companies, Shook is focused on serving clients in the health, science, technology and consumer goods industries, in areas of litigation ranging from product liability to intellectual property. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.