Facilities Department – Office of Planning, Design, and Construction
Williams College is pleased to announce an opening for a Project Coordinator reporting to the Assistant Project Manager. This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment. This position coordinates the day-to-day activities of construction projects, in consultation with Project Management. The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for building projects of varying size and complexity.
This individual will work with Project Managers (PM’s) to assist with the management of renovations and new construction projects on campus. The Project Coordinator also works closely with the Contract Administrator and Senior Project Managers in construction planning, assisting in the bid process, and delivery of all contracts.
- Support the PM’s in the drafting and delivery of project requests for proposals, budgets, cash flow, and preliminary schedules
- Assist the PM’s in managing construction schedules and associated costs to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Assist the Contract Administrator with contract set up for review by PM’s including maintaining contract execution tracking log
- Serve as an administrator for department’s project management information system and cloud-based construction program management (e-Builder)
- Assist in facilitating performance tracking of Architects/Engineers and Construction Managers/General Contractors working on various phases of the project
- Assist in maintaining Planning, Design, and Construction web site
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination with an emphasis on experience
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel–knowledge MS Office, MS Project, and e-Builder preferred
- Knowledge of construction/architectural/engineering terminology
- Excellent planning and organization skills, ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and able to shift tasks when necessary
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Band 19.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts. The college has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its approximately 2,000 students. Please visit the Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu). Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.