Articulation Coordinator and Recruiter - Virtual College (R-0261)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Articulation Coordinator will be responsible for increased partnerships and enrollments. Activities of the Coordinator will include developing partnerships, recruiting, perspective student advising, and recommending marketing opportunities. Partnerships will include, but are not limited to, educational institutions, businesses, and community organizations. The Coordinator will be aware of the educational needs of industry and develop strategic initiatives that will ultimately facilitate future enrollments. The individual will report to the Strategic Communication and Marketing Manager of the Virtual College.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, four-year college or university.
- Experience in building partnerships, working in higher education, and advising students.
- Demonstrated high degree of organizational ability and time management skills to handle multiple tasks of the position.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Capable of working in a team setting and ability to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to provide professional presentations to small groups.
- Master’s degree from an accredited, four-year college or university.
- Two-years of higher education experience.
- Experience developing Articulation (2+2) agreements.
- Knowledge of FHSU mission and goals, policies and procedures, academic programs, and FHSU financial assistance opportunities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority deadline is June 23, 2017
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Advance relationships at community and technical colleges to improve the number of transfer students and increase the number of Articulation (2+2) agreements between FHSU and the colleges.
- Develop partnerships with other educational institutions, businesses, and community organizations.
- Recruit online students and assist with on-campus student recruitment upon request.
- Assist in developing a Marketing Plan in conjunction with the Virtual College’s Strategic Communication and Marketing Manager and University Relations and Marketing.
- Be available for face to face consultation and higher education advising of prospective students.
- Attend and participate in scheduled on-campus meetings, programs, and events.
- Monitor national, regional, and local education trends.
- Weekly travel required.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit the Human Resource Office webpage at http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/ and click on Employment Opportunities. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Holly Rebel
About Fort Hays State University:
Forward Thinking. World Ready - Fort Hays State University is a highly entrepreneurial teaching focused institution with major operations on-campus, online and in China. Providing a high-quality education at an affordable price, FHSU is ranked by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the top ten fastest growing universities in the U.S. It has an enrollment in excess of 14,000 students (Approximately 5,000 on campus, 3,500 in China, and over 6,000 online) and over 380 full time faculty. Bachelors, masters and professional doctoral degrees are offered through five colleges, the Graduate School, the Honors College, the Virtual College, and various international partnerships. Fort Hays State University's award-winning Virtual College coordinates distance education to the U.S. Armed Services and students in over 20 countries. The Virtual College has received many accolades, including U.S. News & World Report Online Programs rankings, GetEducated.com, Best Buys in Education, among others. Students at FHSU may select a major field of study from 30 departments. FHSU is fully accredited by several national agencies, and is one of six state-assisted institutions of higher education governed by a Board of Regents appointed by the governor of the state of Kansas. The website StateUniversity.com ranked the Fort Hays State campus as the safest in the state of Kansas.
The University has rich sports and cultural programming, all of which enjoy tremendous community support. The Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center is home to the Encore Series, which hosts many travelling Broadway shows, the Hays Symphony, university and other national and world-caliber performances. Fort Hays State University athletic events provide NCAA Division II athletic entertainment.
About Hays, Kansas:
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant university community of approximately 22,000, located half way between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays has received numerous recent accolades such as being voted an All-American City, second best city in the state to raise children, and also the third best small college town in America. It is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas – serving a population of nearly 400,000. Hays boasts excellent recreational facilities including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, the Sternberg Museum of Natural History, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, an extensive recreational program, and excellent opportunities for walking, running, and biking. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes providing boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The community has award-winning public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, robust retail outlets, one of the lowest unemployment rates and commute times in the U.S., the city provides a safe, very friendly, low-cost, high-quality living environment.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.