Outreach and Research Coordinator
Chatham University seeks an innovative researcher and outreach coordinator with extensive experience in community-based food systems to support the new Center for Regional Agriculture, Food and Transformation (CRAFT). The ideal candidate will have extensive experience related to sustainable food systems, education, quantitative and qualitative research as well as coordinating and convening stakeholders.
- Experience managing outreach and project development with non-profits, academic institutions, businesses, and government.
- Successful track record in receiving and managing grant funds for outreach, research, or other projects
- Develop, direct, expand and assess programs to build a sustainable regional food systems, including: farmland access, agricultural capacity, community asset mapping.
- Master’s degree or higher required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management responsibilities include assisting the director of CRAFT with developing and implementing a strategic plan related to regional food system assessment and economic and social support for sustainable food systems and managing assistants, researchers, and other staff of CRAFT. Other responsibilities include coordinating research for graduate student researchers, visiting scholars, community fellows, and other faculty on various projects and facilitating funding for outreach and research initiatives.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer