Strategic Communication and Marketing Manager – Virtual College (R-0260)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Virtual College Strategic Communication and Marketing Manager oversees the development, execution, and assessment of a strategic marketing plan that includes paid advertising, social media communications, SEO enhancement, website updates, and communication with current and potential students. The manager also supervises the Articulation Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field from an accredited, four-year college or university.
- At least three years of marketing experience in online marketing, direct-response marketing, traditional marketing, or public relations with an emphasis on customer acquisition, lead generation, and lead conversion.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting marketing and social media results.
- Proven ability to negotiate with vendors.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adjust to shifting needs and priorities, evaluate technologies, identify trends and insights, and make recommendations to management.
- Capable of working in a team setting and ability to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Knowledge of FHSU mission, goals, policies, procedures, and academic programs.
- Higher Education marketing experience.
- MBA/MS/MA in marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Creative ability – both written and visual.
- Mobile marketing experience.
- Experience managing off-site or outreach offices.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority Deadline is June 23, 2017
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Create, implement, facilitate, and assess annual marketing plan for the Virtual College.
- Manage Virtual College communications to current and prospective students (e.g. public relations efforts and social media platforms).
- Coordinate outreach efforts with the Garden City Higher Education Opportunity Center Manager; the Colorado Student Success and Articulation Coordinator; and the Articulation Coordinator and Recruiter.
- Work closely with University Relations and Marketing to coordinate efforts for on-campus and off-campus marketing.
- Monitor the Virtual College social media platforms for questions and comments and respond accordingly. Identify and immediately report negative posts or threats.
- Chair the Virtual College Marketing Committee.
- Represent the Virtual College at appropriate meetings, committees, groups, and activities.
- Supervise activities of Articulation Coordinator.
- Participate in job related professional organizations.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Cover Letter, resume, and three professional references.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit the Human Resource Office webpage at http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/ and click on Employment Opportunities. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Holly Rebel
About Fort Hays State University:
Forward Thinking. World Ready - Fort Hays State University is a highly entrepreneurial teaching focused institution with major operations on-campus, online and in China. Providing a high-quality education at an affordable price, FHSU is ranked by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the top ten fastest growing universities in the U.S. It has an enrollment in excess of 14,000 students (Approximately 5,000 on campus, 3,500 in China, and over 6,000 online) and over 380 full time faculty. Bachelors, masters and professional doctoral degrees are offered through five colleges, the Graduate School, the Honors College, the Virtual College, and various international partnerships. Fort Hays State University's award-winning Virtual College coordinates distance education to the U.S. Armed Services and students in over 20 countries. The Virtual College has received many accolades, including U.S. News & World Report Online Programs rankings, GetEducated.com, Best Buys in Education, among others. Students at FHSU may select a major field of study from 30 departments. FHSU is fully accredited by several national agencies, and is one of six state-assisted institutions of higher education governed by a Board of Regents appointed by the governor of the state of Kansas. The website StateUniversity.com ranked the Fort Hays State campus as the safest in the state of Kansas.
The University has rich sports and cultural programming, all of which enjoy tremendous community support. The Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center is home to the Encore Series, which hosts many travelling Broadway shows, the Hays Symphony, university and other national and world-caliber performances. Fort Hays State University athletic events provide NCAA Division II athletic entertainment.
About Hays, Kansas:
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant university community of approximately 22,000, located half way between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays has received numerous recent accolades such as being voted an All-American City, second best city in the state to raise children, and also the third best small college town in America. It is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas – serving a population of nearly 400,000. Hays boasts excellent recreational facilities including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, the Sternberg Museum of Natural History, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, an extensive recreational program, and excellent opportunities for walking, running, and biking. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes providing boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The community has award-winning public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, robust retail outlets, one of the lowest unemployment rates and commute times in the U.S., the city provides a safe, very friendly, low-cost, high-quality living environment.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.