Financial Aid Officer - Undergraduate SFS
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Financial Aid Officer is responsible for determining the federal, state and institutional aid a student is eligible to receive. Performs the financial award process, needs analysis, financial aid verification, and reporting aid to the appropriate parties.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5-7 years of general business experience, preferably in related field or a field that is highly regulated.
- Financial Aid Experience preferred.
- PeopleSoft Campus Solution experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Reviews federal needs analysis documents for accuracy and follows up for income documentation for federal verification.
- Awards and revises financial aid for undergraduate students within federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Package students based on three separate financial aid models.
- Accesses and consults resources on financial aid issues and polices through attending internal and external training sessions. Utilizes the Federal Student Financial Aid Handbook, the Common Manual, the Cal Grant Manual and other resources to insure accuracy and compliance. Attend national and regional conferences.
- Understands basic federal tax law to evaluate the accuracy of FAFSA data entry and completes verifications for families that are selected based on the Department of Education's 30% rule.
- Communicate closely with the Student Account Specialist and Admissions Counselors for clarity and understanding with a student's award package and to analyze special financial needs of individual students.
- Processes data files between APU and the Department of Education. This includes checklists and loan processing, Pell processing, Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) processing, loan checklist updates and loan cancellations.
- Considers unique individual student and parent financial circumstances in the awarding of financial aid.
- In collaboration with Admissions Counselors and Student Account Specialist, counsels students and parents about the financial process and professional judgment issues.
- Meet regularly with their assigned Financial Aid Officer group to evaluate Professional Judgement Request to ensure consistency and accuracy in considering special circumstances.
- Use PeopleSoft Student Solutions, Windows interface and Microsoft products to complete tasks, including Word, Google electronic mail, Excel, Archiving, COD, ELM-Select, IFAP, NSLDS, PeopleSoft, FAA Access, Webgrants and various other financial aid websites.
- Tracks and communicates with students on the timely completion of their financial aid.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.