International Programs Operations Director
International Programs Operations Director
Office of International Programs
Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an innovative, collaborative, and dynamic individual with an understanding of business, process, and international affairs for the position of Director of Operations within the International Programs office. The incumbent will provide operational direction and is responsible for ensuring the appropriate systems, technology, business processes and metrics are in place to ensure exceptional service delivery. The Director works with leadership and University stakeholders to aid in creating plans to support the growth and development of International Programs, including, but not limited to business plans, budgets, marketing plans, student engagement, internationalization plans, cross department coordination, and international partnership program maintenance. The Director continually examines business processes and leverages existing and new technology systems to promote more efficient, effective, and responsive processes.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversees the operational aspects of the International Programs (IP) office, providing support to leadership, students, faculty, and staff.
- Aids in the development of and coordinates NDAs, MOUs, articulation agreements, and collaborative proposals between UMUC and international entities.
- Contributes to strategic planning, long-range objectives, and policy formation.
- Engages in an analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving and decision-making while working closely with Academic Affairs, Business Intelligence, Global Military Operations, Marketing, and other University departments.
- Responsible for ensuring key business processes, technology and strategies are in place to support delivery of exemplary customer experience.
- When required, facilitates, leads, and participates in meetings and serves as a liaison between departments, external organizations, overseas agents and other agencies.
- Maintains, updates, and ensures procedural and regulatory compliance of programs.
- Coordinates the development of marketing materials designed to promote the University to its potential international constituencies, including print publications, videos, websites, social media, promotional collateral etc.
- Responsible for budgetary planning, reporting and organization for the Department.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate federal, state and college accounting rules and regulations.
- Interacts in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community, and the public.
- Collaborates with representatives from foreign colleges, universities, consortia, third party providers, and other international organizations for special projects.
- Be prepared to stand in during engagement with potential international partners.
- Facilitates and coordinates approved visits from international groups.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in Higher Education including at least three (3) years of management experience.
- Experience with CRM, PeopleSoft, or a related student administration system.
- Applicants are required to have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must be highly proficient with technology, particularly G Suite tools to include Hangouts, Calendar, and Google+ for communication as well as Google Drive for storage; Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Sites for collaboration.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the USA and abroad a minimum of 10% of a calendar year as well as willingness to work a flexible schedule, specifically hours outside of the standard working hours in order to communicate overseas, is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience working or living abroad; fluency in second language; demonstrated skills in the areas of: strategic thinking, customer service, project management, creative problem-solving, superior communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and simultaneously with various stakeholders and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to make informed decisions in a timely fashion and interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; to formulate assessments and propose recommendations in an articulate fashion.
- Prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks; as well as support executive level execution of strategic priorities as well as adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE