Lead Subject Matter Expert & Leadership Course Auditor
The Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for overseeing the development of all courses in the leadership and management concentration of the nursing program. Also serves as the ongoing and final course auditor/quality checker. Reporting to the project manager, the Lead Leadership & Management SME and Course Auditor will oversee a team of subject matter experts to develop high quality, current, relevant, engaging leadership and management curricula on time and on budget, based on established standards and guidelines. The Lead SME provides the final quality assurance verification prior to sending the course to the project manager.
- Oversee the development of all Leadership/Management concentration courses in the nursing program
- Assign work to a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for Leadership/Mgt. concentration courses.
- Collaborate with the Dean and Project Manager to identify/evaluate textbooks and supplemental materials to support the development of high quality concentration courses
- In collaboration with the Dean and project manager, refines the Leadership/Mgt. course learning outcomes
- Serve as a subject matter expert to ensure development of the most high quality, relevant, engaging course content
- Apply expert knowledge and skill to developing course content
- Serve as a secondary SME/Reviewer/ QA Specialist for each Leadership/Mgt. course, ensuring relevancy, currency, and best practices in graduate nursing study
- Ensure that the curriculum meets industry guidelines and expectations and Strayer's approach to teaching and learning in the online environment
- Map all Leadership/Mgt. courses to the AACN Graduate Essentials, program learning outcomes, and Strayer University core competencies
- Source course resources to enhance the creativity of the course content and delivery strategies
- Submit final, polished course guides and supplemental materials to the project manager according to established timelines and deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- From a regionally accredited institution; an MSN or DNP with concentration in Nursing Leadership/Management, Executive Leadership/Leadership, Nursing Administration (or similar graduate nursing degree)
- A Registered Nurse (RN) with a doctoral degree in nursing, leadership/management, or education, and an MBA with strong nursing /healthcare leadership and management experiences may also be considered for this position.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)- Board Certification in Nursing Leadership/Management (preferred) (NE-BC or NEA-BC)
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time experience in nursing education
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in graduate nursing education strongly preferred
- Experience with CCNE accreditation preferred
- Experience with online nursing education strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with nursing curriculum development
- Extensive working knowledge of general nursing principles and practices, curriculum development, and regulatory standards/requirements
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results on targets and goals.
- Strong bias for action.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and video conferencing software
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sounds decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong relationship-building skills, and the ability to influence, effectively manage and lead others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization.
- Strategic & critical thinker.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with an active and unencumbered license in a U.S. state
- Position is remote, travel required (25-50%)
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation is required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.