Lecturer - Math Foundations & Quantitative Reasoning (Multiple position)
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
John Jay College of Criminal Justice is pleased to announce two positions for lecturers in the Math Foundations and Quantitative Reasoning Program, which is housed in the Department of Mathematics & Computer Science.
The successful candidates will work with the Program Director and a team of faculty to develop and deliver effective foundation math curricula that is designed to promote student interest and learning in mathematics. This is an opportunity for a learner-centered educator who is committed to undergraduate mathematics teaching at the foundation levels.
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
- Master's degree and three plus years of experience teaching lower division math to urban college students
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Being a team player committed to the success of undergraduate math education
- Interest in the assessment of student learning and the on-going improvement of instruction
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to students, faculty, staff and administrators required
Strong preference will be given to candidates with:
- Graduate degree in math education (M.S.E.d. and/or Ed.D.C.T, ED.d or Ph.D.) or closely related area required.
- Practical experience of teaching mathematics at the secondary level in urban schools.
- Demonstrated learner-centered approach to instruction.
- Experience using technology in instruction.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click "Apply Now" below.
Otherwise please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment."
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by job opening ID number 16844
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please submit the following:
(1) Cover letter to the Search Committee for the Lecturer Position Math Foundations and Quantitative Reasoning Program expressing interest and suitability for the position (maximum 2 pages)
(2) Curriculum Vitae
(3) A statement of teaching philosophy (maximum 1 page)
(4) Three letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the referees.
All material must be received by the closing date or the application will not be considered.
July 18, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Lecturer - Math Foundations & Quantitative Reasoning (Multiple position)
Job ID: 16844